Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crazycatlady  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 10:17:01 AM(UTC)
crazycatlady

Groups: Registered

I have ordered and received control part number 5701m403-60 and the large element. I need instructions on how to replace both of these parts. Please help!!!

Thanks.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:04:18 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: crazycatlady Go to Quoted Post
I have ordered and received control part number 5701m403-60 and the large element. I need instructions on how to replace both of these parts. Please help!!!

Thanks.:confused:

I'm a little concerned,

I hope the repairs you're making were obvious ?

To replace the large burner element,

Open the upper oven door, at each end of the black metal flange you'll see a 1/4 inch hex head screw, remove the one farthest out on each side. You can lift the front of the cooktop, you should be able to see the wire harness plug at the back of the burber box, unplug the harness plug and slide the cooktop off the unit, turn it upside down and a padded surface and replace the burner, The terminals are labeled the same , but may be in a different location, make sure you put the wire from 1A on the old burner on the 1A terminal on the new burner.

To replace the control,
Remove the screws going across the top of the back panel,
On the front bottom of the control panel, you remove the screw in the corners, and pull out on the bottom and lift up at the same time, until you lift the panel to clear the back panel, lay it on a pad on the cooktop and remove the 4 screws that hold the control to the bracket, mount the new control, then switch the wires from the old to the new clock.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you need more assistance.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
crazycatlady  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 4:09:55 AM(UTC)
crazycatlady

Groups: Registered

I did LOTS of research to make sure the control and the element were the parts I needed, so yes the repairs needed were obvious. Being that the burner wasn't working - that one was quite obvious. The control took a bit more looking into.

Even for a "girl" (as my boys like to say!:p ) I am very mechanically inclined and I was able to figure out the control panel replacement fairly easily. The only trouble I had was when it was time to put everything back together (meaning the covers - not the actual control) - it took me longer to do that than to change out the control panel!!! But I did it all by myself!!! It works perfectly now.

I haven't received the burner element yet to replace it - I think it will be here today, so I will give that a try this weekend.

Thanks so much for all your help! I'll let you know how the burner replacement goes.

Thanks,

Stella (aka - crazycatlady):D
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 5:10:09 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: crazycatlady Go to Quoted Post
I did LOTS of research to make sure the control and the element were the parts I needed, so yes the repairs needed were obvious. Being that the burner wasn't working - that one was quite obvious. The control took a bit more looking into.

Even for a "girl" (as my boys like to say!:p ) I am very mechanically inclined and I was able to figure out the control panel replacement fairly easily. The only trouble I had was when it was time to put everything back together (meaning the covers - not the actual control) - it took me longer to do that than to change out the control panel!!! But I did it all by myself!!! It works perfectly now.

I haven't received the burner element yet to replace it - I think it will be here today, so I will give that a try this weekend.

Thanks so much for all your help! I'll let you know how the burner replacement goes.

Thanks,

Stella (aka - crazycatlady):D

Great !!!!

For a girl :D :D :D

My concern was, that you may have a bad infinite switch, that's more common than a bad burner.

Will look for your update, soon I hope.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply