Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
golderdog53  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:44:47 PM(UTC)
golderdog53

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Looks like the problem is a bad optics.

- The PC boards kit Part number: AP3137510
Part number: AP3137510

Gene.

Gene...is this a owner servicable repair if one is pretty handy around the house?? I've done most everything there is to do regarding house repair/mtce, but have never worked on a frig except to replace an IM in an older frig. Thanks much for the quick reply!
golderdog53  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:01:47 PM(UTC)
golderdog53

Originally Posted by: moncler6p Go to Quoted Post
No! Luckily, you will can be found throughout some really terrific restoration stores about now providing a ghd website repairs program for small money.

WTHeck? Did you get on the wrong thread? My issue has nothing to do with hair care...it has to do with an IM in a Kenmore SbS frig...this is an appliance "repair forum"!
Gene  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:44:56 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: golderdog53 Go to Quoted Post
Gene...is this a owner servicable repair if one is pretty handy around the house?? I've done most everything there is to do regarding house repair/mtce, but have never worked on a frig except to replace an IM in an older frig. Thanks much for the quick reply!

There is nothing complicated. Do not forget to unplug the refrigerator prior to the repair and try not leave some extra parts. LOL :)

Gene.
golderdog53  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:37:15 PM(UTC)
golderdog53

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
There is nothing complicated. Do not forget to unplug the refrigerator prior to the repair and try not leave some extra parts. LOL :)

Gene.

Will do sir. Thanks kindly and yes, it's always a good idea to disconnect the power!:) I'll get the parts ordered you mentioned and thanks again. I'll post again if necessary.
golderdog53  
#45 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:29:43 PM(UTC)
golderdog53

Many thanks for the advice Gene. Got my parts, got them installed. you're right it was a snap; followed the instructions for testing and we're back to making ice. I got it installed and running same day as receiving the parts from APP!
Again, much thanks! I've already told 2 folks about the site and how good the advice was!:) :)
Gene  
#46 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 1:42:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are very welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix it and thank you for the referrals.

Gene.
MrFixItAlready!  
#47 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 2:18:52 PM(UTC)
MrFixItAlready!

My Whirlpool GD2SHGXLB00 side-by-side also does not make any ice. A couple of weeks ago we came home from being out of down for a couple of days and found water all over the floor. The ice maker had either overflowed or just not frozen any of the incoming water for a short period because when we opened the freezer door there was frozen water all over the side of the ice maker, the shelves, the door's shelves, the bottom of the freezer and all of the ice in the tray was frozen into a solid block. The ice maker has not made any ice since then.

After reading through the prior posts, I tried reversing the solenoid connectors for the water fill valve and didn't get any water coming into the ice maker. I checked the line going from the fill valve to the ice maker inlet and haven't found any blockage, though I thought that there might be some frozen water in it somewhere. So what is the likely part that's gone out?
Gene  
#48 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 12:28:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: MrFixItAlready! Go to Quoted Post
My Whirlpool GD2SHGXLB00 side-by-side also does not make any ice. A couple of weeks ago we came home from being out of down for a couple of days and found water all over the floor. The ice maker had either overflowed or just not frozen any of the incoming water for a short period because when we opened the freezer door there was frozen water all over the side of the ice maker, the shelves, the door's shelves, the bottom of the freezer and all of the ice in the tray was frozen into a solid block. The ice maker has not made any ice since then.

After reading through the prior posts, I tried reversing the solenoid connectors for the water fill valve and didn't get any water coming into the ice maker. I checked the line going from the fill valve to the ice maker inlet and haven't found any blockage, though I thought that there might be some frozen water in it somewhere. So what is the likely part that's gone out?

Very likely the water inlet valve was stuck open and then broke. I would just replace the part. You may try to blow some air through the ice maker fill tube while it is disconnected from the water valve to make sure it is not blocked.

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP3160649
MrFixItAlready!  
#49 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 1:19:29 PM(UTC)
MrFixItAlready!

Thanks Gene, I'll get that part replaced when I can and post a reply again. However, a $60 part to get the ice maker working is a bit more expensive than a set of $1 ice trays, so it may be a while before I reply again. :p
Rhoades  
#50 Posted : Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:18:48 AM(UTC)
Rhoades

My ice maker is not making ice. Okay, before I stumbled upon this awesome site I bought a new inlet valve. I connected it and still no ice. Water still not making it up to ice maker. I switched the leads as recommended on here with the old inlet valve reconnected. Water then made it up to the ice maker. So my valve was actually in good shape. What's my next step?
Thank you!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply