Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jelwin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:53:25 AM(UTC)
jelwin

Groups: Registered

I fixed the solder joint on the control module but the button interfaces to the module for quick wash and rinse and hold are broken. Does a new control module (AP2802870) include the parts needed to fix the problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

MIKLOSH  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2012 6:35:20 AM(UTC)
MIKLOSH

Groups: Registered

We just experienced a similar problem with the Regular Wash button on a 10yr old SHU6802. That button is the most used one for us (besides Power) and I'd guess the Quick Wash and Rinse & Hold are the most used for the original poster.
After verifying that the switch on the board was OK, I suspected that the plastic spring-lever, which is part of the control unit's housing, got fatigued and was not transmitting the push from the external button to the micro-switch on the board.
The Button has a '+' shape raised feature, intended to engage and push on that spring-lever. I filled the short gap between the '+' and the end of the button with a small piece of 1/8" thick self-stick pad, to move the engagement area closer to the switch. It worked ...

Another possible fix would be to fit a faucet rubber-washer around the '+' feature, trimmed as necessary to fit in, and fill the cavity-height but not stick above the button's side walls.

Back to the original question -
If you buy a new control module, with its new plastic housing, you will probably fix the problem for $150, and get another 5-10 year trouble-free period.
Since you will have to open the door anyway, why not give the fix above a try?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply