Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jw3864  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:18:32 PM(UTC)
Jw3864

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just incase I did a poor job of explaining, the pic below is what i am talking about. Is the piece on the left part of the motor that has broken off or am I still ok?
Jw3864 attached the following image(s):
DW PART.jpg
Jw3864  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:21:53 PM(UTC)
Jw3864

For all of your previous questions, here's a great youtube link showing how to do all of this. unfortunately i've broken off the motor shaft I believe.'

Impeller & Seal Kit Replacement (part #675806) - Kitchen Aid Dishwasher Repair - YouTube
storcaso  
#43 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 9:36:16 AM(UTC)
storcaso

Originally Posted by: Jw3864 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, found this while looking how to fix my dishwasher. I have everything apart and the spring that is part of my impeller kit is broke. I have found the replacement kit but need something answered. The 1/4 inch bolt that connects to the motor through the black plastic part comes out but also the piece it screws into comes out? Is that supposed to be permanently part of the motor and am I out of luck? I also haven't exactly how to put this impeller kit back on once I order it but first questions first, should the part the bolt connect to come out?
Thanks
Jeff

Jeff,
Did these parts cause your dishwasher to leak? If so, how long ago was, or rather how old is the unit?
Jw3864  
#44 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 11:19:05 AM(UTC)
Jw3864

No, my dishwasher did not leak, i just noticed it just never sounded right after the water unit was full. When I thought it was fully filled with water, i quickly opened the door, then closed it but never heard that deep washing sound, that's when i began taking it apart and found the part was broke off that actually makes the spinning arm go round. But to answer your question, it did not leak at all.
thanks 1 user thanked Jw3864 for this useful post.
Leisa on 5/7/2020(UTC)
festeraddams  
#45 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 6:43:26 PM(UTC)
festeraddams

Broken motor shaft.... We used to have techs that had a socket that would fit the 6 sided plastic "nut" on the top of the impeller that they had welded a screwdriver handle to and then a nut driver through the ratchet hole and made an easy task of this repair.
dj_pigs  
#46 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2014 5:31:45 AM(UTC)
dj_pigs

hi guys, after replacing this part kit, my dishwasher is leaking, help ?
Mrfixnstuff  
#47 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 1:26:21 PM(UTC)
Mrfixnstuff

I'd suggest against breaking off the impeller.

This bolt does thread in the normal way (righty tighty) so if it's seized instead slightly tighten it first to break it loose (but not too hard so as to crush the rubber gasket under the bolt head), then unscrew it to the left (counter clockwise). Use a 1/4" socket with an extension to a socket wrench. The plastic "nut" on the impeller is 1". Didn't have a 1" box wrench so I used an adjustable. No problem. Pull the impeller up and out of the way.

Next use that same torx screwdriver you used to get to the impeller to remove the four bolts that are now exposed. Gently pull away the assembly. Voila, there's all the junk that's gotten in there. Check the metal mesh on the removed assembly for bits of glass that might be stuck in the mesh to keep them from getting into your motor later.
Bucky2  
#48 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 4:27:00 PM(UTC)
Bucky2

The center screw on my 18-year-old unit was very tight. I tried an adjustable wrench, an open end wrench, and a box-end wrench, but could not hold the top impeller well enough to loosen the screw.

I instead, used a 25mm socket (preferably a 6-point, but a 12-point worked) held in a pair of Vice Grips to hold the impeller. I then used a 1/4" socket in a 1/4"-drive ratchet through the 1/2" drive opening of the 25mm socket to remove the screw.

See photograph, attached.

The screw was extremely tight, but it did not break, and was not corroded when finally removed.

I needed to replace the filter and clean out the thousands of pieces after a tempered drinking glass shattered inside the dishwasher.
Bucky2 attached the following image(s):
P1050968.JPG
suzaanroshan  
#49 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 5:22:01 AM(UTC)
suzaanroshan

Thank you for the helpful information you provided
saraesfehani2  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:50:37 AM(UTC)
saraesfehani2

thank you so much
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply