Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eroy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 8:57:43 AM(UTC)
eroy

Groups: Registered

The outer element of the front right burner stopped working, but the innner element was fine. I ordered from AppliancePartsPros.com a replacement part, WPL 77001038, Element-D. It arrived with broken insulation, and it was promptly replaced. I installed it, but it did not heat up, either when element size switch was set to large or small. I tried the one that had the broken insulation, and nothing from it either. I reinstalled the original one, and the inner element still worked like before, so it's not the switch. I tried with the new one switching which wires went to which prongs, and still no luck. Could I have gotten two defective elements?
Thanks,
Ed Roy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2010 1:21:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Ed,

Maytag has redesigned this heating element and the way it suppose to be wired is a bit different now. Very likely you did not wire the new element properly.

Here is the Tech sheet with the wiring diagram which can help you to figure out the correct connection. If not, post the pictures of both, old and new elements and we'll help you.

Gene.
irun4fun123  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:04:07 PM(UTC)
irun4fun123

I have what sounds like the same problem, replacing the dual radiant element on my Amana ART663WW stovetop with the WPL 77001038 replacement element. The tech sheet
http://servicematters.co...ibrary/docs/T232_4R3.pdf

sounds like the answer, but I cannot get to that web page. Is this document available elsewhere?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:55:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: irun4fun123 Go to Quoted Post
I have what sounds like the same problem, replacing the dual radiant element on my Amana ART663WW stovetop with the Whirlpool 77001038 replacement element. The tech sheet
http://servicematters.co...ibrary/docs/T232_4R3.pdf

sounds like the answer, but I cannot get to that web page. Is this document available elsewhere?

The tech sheet is attached to the post.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
T232_4R3 - ART - ARH ranges.pdf (606kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
dr560  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:09:23 PM(UTC)
dr560

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Ed,

Maytag has redesigned this heating element and the way it suppose to be wired is a bit different now. Very likely you did not wire the new element properly.

Here is the Tech sheet with the wiring diagram which can help you to figure out the correct connection. If not, post the pictures of both, old and new elements and we'll help you.

Gene.

Hello,

Just by chance, did you post the answer to the wiring change that Maytag made to the burner replacement? I looked at the diagram, but it didn't help me much. Is this just a matter of placing the wires on different leads on the burner?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Don
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 2:51:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

Don,

The link you copied does not work but the same tech sheet was attached to my last post.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply