Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
malochala  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 1:22:43 PM(UTC)
malochala

Groups: Registered
United States

I recently replaced the main board in my GE GSH25KGPAWW because the compressor would not power up. Turns out, it appears, that a faulty relay on the main board was the culprit.

According to everywhere I looked, the replacement board was the GE WR55X10942P. It's not exactly like the original board, but it was the board that came up in every search. I ordered and received it quite promptly. However, according to the instructions, per the serial number on my refrigerator, I was supposed to cut the wire going to the second pin on the J1 9-pin wiring connector. And I did cut the wire as instructed. From my understanding, if I did not do that, the vent to the refrigerator would not open up and the refrigerator would not be able to cool down.

The good news is that after installing the new board, the compressor fired up immediately and has been running very well ever since. The bad news, however, is that everything in the refrigerator keeps freezing up because it is too cold. We have turned the temperature up on the refrigerator setting all the way to "1" and it is still too cold.

My question is, was it correct to cut the wire as instructed? And, if that was correct, what now controls the flow of air from the freezer to the refrigerator? Most importantly, how do I keep my freezer frozen without freezing up everything on the refrigerator side?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.