Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
budro1961  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 5:01:01 AM(UTC)
budro1961

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello, I just did a replacement of the Rotor K-360. I was told that the center hub was not available and I would need to purchase a whole new one. I ordered it from APP. While waiting for the new part I saw a new Hub on Ebay. This has the metal splines. I ordered it and it got here in 2 days. Still waiting for the new part,so I Replaced the old plastic hub with the Ebay one. I did the locktite on the 3 Hub screws and the 17mm bolt too. I waited 24hrs to let the loctite set up per directions. The next day I attempted to start the machine. No load on Tub clean cycle. Came to life and started working. Seeing this I thought I had it fixed. I powered off the machine since I only ran it for 30 seconds. I loaded it with a few small white towels and started the Normal wash 55 mins. Was working ok but then I noticed the drum would stop and hesitate between clockwise and counter clockwise.It would do that then start to run as normal. I came back later at about the 30 min mark and saw it was about to spin. It started to do the Hesitation a lot. Like lock and unlock type movement. I let it continue. Then it got a Humming sound while the drum was still. It tried a couple more time to rotate but made a low buzz sound then cut off. No codes ever. It will not power on now and I could smell like a burnt insulation type smell. I gave up and had to grab the clothes out and finish them at the Laudromat. Today I will take a look to see if any thing burned up. My thought was that the new hub might be out of Time or Sync since I removed the old and put the new part in. But that should not matter. Especially when the old one went bad it just spun around with the drum still. There was never an error code before or after. All parts looked Great like brand new. Bearing is clean not a hint of water leaking. There is no play in the drum. Very solid. Doe the Hall sensor or rotor position sensor have a part in this type of reaction? There should have been a code if so.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.