Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
unioncreek  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 7:21:06 AM(UTC)
unioncreek

Groups: Registered

We've had this LG washer quite a while and it has been a good one. But, lately it would occationally make a buzzing sound. Yesterday it would go through the wash cycle, but not finish the rinse cycle. I went through the diagnostics and it would not spin in the low or high speed. I took the door latch out, but didn't know any of the test procedures on it, so I put it back in. Ran through the diagnostics again and it passed all, even the low and high spin. Put a load of four large towels and three hand towels in and it got to the rinse cycle and quit. Went through the diagnostics again and I momentarily got a door latch error. I set the washer for a speed wash without anything in the washer and it went through the complete cycle, made the buzzing sound for about a second. Put in two pair or jeans and it buzzed one through the cycle. Then put the load of towels in and it made the buzzing sound about 10 times before finishing the load.

The buzzing noise sounds like its coming from the door latch mechanism and does it more often when it has a heavier load in it. Is there a procedure to test the door latch to see if that is actually the problem?

Thanks,
Bob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.