Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ljsmith1  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 6:06:51 PM(UTC)
ljsmith1

Groups: Registered

I have had a Whirlpool Gold Side by Side GSF26C4EXY02 for about 2.5 years (DOM 04-11). All was working great until a few weeks ago when the icemaker stopped producing ice.

Being an engineer, I am pretty good with appliance repair, and usually have the solution and it fixed in a short amount of time. However, this one has me scratching my head.

I have tried a bunch of things, with no solution to my lack of ice.

1. Checked water supply & filter - GOOD. Filter replaced about a month ago. No issues.
2. Unplugged for 10 minutes and then plugged back in. - No change - NO ICE a few hours later.
3. Checked for blockage on IR sensor and proper LED operation - when door is opened I have a solid LED. However, after door has been opened awhile, it goes off, and will not come on even if the flag is depressed or if the door is closed again. Strange. If I interrupt power, it will come on again - solid. I wonder if there is a fault interlock for the door being open too long, and will shutdown the icemaker to allow the ice to refreeze and then it will reset itself?
4. Replaced Ice Maker with a new W10122576 - STILL NO ICE!
5. Replaced IR EMITTER BOARD W10180607 and IR RECEIVER BOARD W10296530 - STILL NO ICE!:mad:
6. Checked for frozen dispense tube. Unplugged tube at base of door and blew air through. No obstruction noted. Put back together and let sit for a few hours. - STILL NO ICE!
7. Checked icemaker after 12 hours, and it is dry. - NO ICE!

Freezer temp is at 0F (recommended). Ice dispenser works fine (door opens/motor turns)

There are no errors to be found on the front panel display.

My thought is that possibly the ice dispenser fill valve is not working, but how common is this, especially since I have good flow at the water dispenser? I think they are two separate solenoids.

I read somewhere that there may be a "reset procedure" for the control system. Perhaps that's what I need?

Thoughts? What a PITA...:mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.