Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Craddock01  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:26:59 AM(UTC)
Craddock01

Groups: Registered

We have the LG DLEX3360V dryer. Recently, clothes (anything with a string/strap) are catching on the corner of the lint filter/handle. When fully seated, the right corner does not seat flush causing a corner to protrude enough where anything with strings/straps to get caught under the lip and then it either twists off (tearing up the garment) or twists to the point that when you open the dryer you have to spend a lot of effort to untwist the garment in order to remove it and at that point it is twisted so badly that it is almost ruined.

I initially thought that excess lint buildup under the filter may be preventing the filter from fully seating. I checked and there was a large amount of lint in the area but even after cleaning, the filter does not seat properly (flush). I watched the video on changing the lint filter cover - it is pretty straight forward but I'm not sure that this will fix my problem. The filter cover is not cracked or defective unless the heat may have caused it to warp creating my problem. Seemingly we did not have this problem when the dryer was new so I assume that is may have warped over time. Has anyone else experienced this problem and will replacing the lint filter and/or the lint filter cover fix the problem? My wife is ready to buy a new dryer but this was expensive and I'm sure there's an easy fix. :mad:

Any assistance is appreciated.

I can provide a picture and/or video if necessary but it's pretty straight forward - the inbound right corner of the lint filter is not sitting flush with the cover when pressed in all of the way causing a corner to be exposed and catching clothes.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.