Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JonLee  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 8:37:45 PM(UTC)
JonLee

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore 790 series gas oven (model #790-79213302). It stopped warming when I would turn it on, and I'd get a bunch of wild clicking (the relay-like noise you hear from the control unit when the door opens/closes) if I opened/closed the door, or tried to fire up the oven. I replace the control board. This fixed my original problem, but my oven still will not light. When I try to start the oven or broiler, I just get a buzzing from one of the relays on the control board.

I exchanged the "new" control board, thinking it might be defective, but the new-new one hums the same tune.

Does anybody have any thoughts on what to try next? Given that the main oven burner and the broiler are both affected, I can only assume that I have either done something wrong with the control board, or the problem is upstream of the control board. The main oven burner and broiler have different control valves and different igniters, controlled by unique wires from the control board, so I do not see any opportunity for a common fault downstream of the control board,.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.