Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Secrent  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 11:49:53 AM(UTC)
Secrent

Groups: Registered

Final spin cycle has been intermittently not starting. Pump would stay running. Advancing timer did not initiate spin. I can turn the belt clockwise a 1/2 turn or so, then the spin cycle will start, I then can turn it off and advance the spin cycle forward a bit, start it again and it spins. Lid switch is fine. Was told the timer was bad. Took timer out and apart, resurfaced the contacts which had normal years of arcing/break on them, put back together, ran 2 loads of wash and the final spin worked each time. Next wash, started doing same thing again, turn the pulley and would start spin cycle. Everything is clean underneath, belt fine and tensioned. When it does not start the spin cycle and pump is just running, motor pulley is not spinning. I can rotate the pulley on the tub clockwise and counterclockwise freely, although a few times it at first seemed a bit hard to start turning. Not sure what to check next. Pull motor and clutch? Help will be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.