Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dbuettner  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 4:28:05 PM(UTC)
dbuettner

Groups: Registered

I have a duet washer that has been a great machine for over 12 years.

It seems to be getting more sensitive to out of balance conditions on spin. I've had to lighten loads after shutting it down due to the drum banging around.

I have looked at the shock absorbers. They are all connected and appear to be even. They bounce back after pressing down on the drum. Springs look ok but I suppose they could be stretched after years of service.
The rear bearing has a minimal amount of side play. About like the wheel bearing on a car. I don't think it is bad.

I need some help isolating the problem. I think the inner basket replacement is too expensive to consider on this old of a machine. I don't want to sink $120 in shocks unless I know for sure that is the issue. I see other postings that say they didn't fix it. I don't see any worn plastic from rubbing.

I'm thinking about adding some bungee straps to help the springs and shocks and see if that changes anything, If it does I'll buy the parts.
Would I need to change them all?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.