Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luckyatva  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 2:29:45 PM(UTC)
luckyatva

Groups: Registered

I have the KitchenAid KERC506HWH3 and last week the oven decided to quit working. I have not been able to find the wiring diagram but have tested all three elements the broiler, the convection unit, and the standard bake element. When I turn the oven on the panel acts as if everything is working fine. And I get 120 V to the element. Without the oven on -0 voltage to the element. I did not see the thermal fuse on this unit.
I'm looking for a wiring diagram and any assistance that I can get.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

luckyatva  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2016 5:58:25 AM(UTC)
luckyatva

Groups: Registered

Thank you for your response. I did look at your website for a schematics the other day and again after you sent me the link however there were none to be found. My assumption is that the primary wire going to the elements from the left side of the control board should have been hot with 120 V. When the oven is turned on the second leg which is brown in this case is activated by a relay on the board and sends 120 V to the opposite side of the elements.
When I turn on the oven I get the 120 V across the relay and down to the elements. However the second leg is not activated. Looking at the board last night I see there are several black relays close to the secondary wires my assumption is that they are what activates the second voltage through those wires.
I was hoping for a thermal cutoff switch or fuse but as of yet have not been able to find one either in the parts lists or physically looking at the machine. I think my assumption is correct but I assume that there is no high limit switch which you traditionally see on these ranges.
If you know I need to know how the second leg to each individual element is activated. My belief is that the board relays have malfunctioned and are not getting the proper activation voltage to engage these relays.
Thank you for your help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply