Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
420haganml1965  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:02:12 AM(UTC)
420haganml1965

Groups: Registered

Well this may be old news but a search of the forum did not come up with this symptom. Maytag Bravos (Whirlpool Calypso) Model # MVWB400VQ0 has Suds Detected (Sd, F71) fault code. No actual suds in washer. I did find a nickel in the drain pump. That was taken care of. What is actually happening is the drum does not spin after agitation cycle and hall effect sensors throw that fault code. In Automatic Diagnostic Test Mode the C8 section does not spin drum. In Manual Diagnostic Test Mode the Rotor Position Sensors report good. Spin activation test 23 RPM, 530 RPM and 1000 RPM tests are good. Agitation Test Gentle, Normal and heavy cycles are good. Spin works in Manual but not on automatic mode. Some slight white powder residue on the motor rotor but no moisture evident.

I suspect the issue is the motor sensor. I have read on review sites that this series washer has issues with the Electronic Control Board and the tub bearings. If the tub did leak on the motor and cause this issue, why did it stop leaking?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.