Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ergibbs  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 4:45:58 AM(UTC)
ergibbs

Groups: Registered

When we moved into the house, I went to connect the stove only to find out that all 3 wires coming out of the wall were the same color (gotta love Costa Rica!). I determined with the voltmeter what was what and installed a new outlet. Everything worked fine for about 3 weeks. Last week the left rear burner started shooting flames like a dragon in heat. Turn off breaker, investigate. The burner was cracked. Odd, to say the least. Since I wasn't in the mood to run around looking for a new burner, I took the burner from the front right and put it in the rear spot. Yesterday, it snapped, crackled and popped like the rice krispy triplets. Same thing happened - it cracked but this time it fused itself back together. I just rechecked the wiring and everything is reading fine with the voltage, so I really don't know what could have caused this. The oven works flawlessly and heats up as it should. Can anyone offer any explanation? Could it simply be age of the burners? If a heavy skillet is slightly warped and doesn't create a completely flat surface across the entire burner, could it cause this? Thanks in advance. I can't find a model number anywhere, but it has a digital display and digital oven controls if that helps.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.