Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
whatfor5  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 7:59:04 AM(UTC)
whatfor5

Groups: Registered

So this one has me perplexed. I have a Samsung rf263beaesr fridge/freezer with the "twin cooling" malarkey so there is an evap coil in both the fridge and freezer, and no air circulation between the two compartments that I can tell. (maybe some as part of the ice maker, which sits in the fridge compartment?)

The problem is that the fridge, irrespective of the temperature setting, keeps freezing its contents. I clocked it set to 44F last night, and it was down in the 20s in the fridge compartment.

I pulled the inside back panel, and there seemed to be a little frosting on the evap coils, so I blew that all off, dried out the thermistor plug, etc and put it all back together. As the temperature dropped, I noticed the fridge seemed to accurately measure the temp in the compartment, until it got to the set temperature, at which point it continued to read the set temp and the temperature in the compartment kept dropping.

I know Samsung is a bit of a dirty word in appliances, but believe me I didn't buy this stupid fridge it came with the house. Anyone have any clever ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.