Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yak57  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 11:57:43 AM(UTC)
yak57

Groups: Registered

I have a Frigidaire Model FEF389CFTJ Range. The top burners work fine. However I noticed the clock wasnt lite up and when I went to use the oven nothing was working at all. When I press anything on the panel it does not seem to respond you dont even hear the usuall click noise letting you know its acknowleding you. Is that part called a Pane-Control? I seem to be gettting conficting answers when I called the company. I want to fix it ourself. Please advise. One woman called it an Electronic Clock Timer which is 331.98 and then I see something called a pane-control for 86? Which is the correct part? The whole panel is black and nothing is operating on it at all but the stove top is working perfectly fine.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 4:43:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi,

There is a conflict between the color of the control panel and the model number you posted. According to the model number you posted it suppose to be almond (CFTJ).

The control panel for this model is just a piece of metal and kind of a mounting bracket for all parts on it. The cause of the problem is definitely a bad Electronic Oven Control, aka a Clock or timer. There are three different part numbers for the new EOC and the only difference between them is the color of the keypad. They are priced between $217.69 and $238.43.

Gene.
yak57  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:12:43 AM(UTC)
yak57

Groups: Registered

The Range is Almond. So does that help in telling me the part #. Also is it easy to fix ourselves? My son is an electrician so i was thinking he could handle it?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply