Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
onehotpny  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 10:02:40 AM(UTC)
onehotpny

Groups: Registered

The broiler isn't working, I ohm ed everything out , checked voltage to oven, checked breaker also all good . I also checked elements, all ohm out ... before I removed oven control board I checked all connections, looked at wiring diagram . I notice that lower element would come on ,but broiler wouldn't,so I then turned power off and then switched the yellow wire on lower relay and put it on broiler relay, then turned power back on and lower element wouldn't come on,but broiler would then work, so after turning power back off,I then hooked everything back up the way it's suppose to be. still no broiler function so then I knew it's a faulty oven control board. I order the part 7601M320-60 from here , part comes, I change the board out and still no broiler function . So I look a little closer and notice the new board has a lose relay from bad solder. so i contact custom support and they send out another board, but this one came with out plastic cover,so i take cover off old board and put it on new one,then in stall the new board. still no broiler function. contact customer service and now I'm here. need help, this is a rental trailer and I need to get the oven back to working. It's hard to believe I received two bad oven control boards,but from what I can tell i have. side note, I have over 2rys electrical training,so this isn't my first repair on a stove/oven.

Please help.
James
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

onehotpny  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 10:04:12 AM(UTC)
onehotpny

This oven doesn't have the self cleaning feature. if that helps at all.
Simon / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 3:13:07 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

According the wiring diagram if you are not getting 240VAC to the broil element it has to be the clock/control board.
Get another one.

Simon.
onehotpny  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 4:07:47 PM(UTC)
onehotpny

Hi, this oven only has one control board. the oven control board is one complete unit. there isn't any other electronic part on the oven. I can take picture of the inside of the unit if needed and also the back part of the outside where wires and all are located.
onehotpny  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 4:12:07 PM(UTC)
onehotpny

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

According the wiring diagram if you are not getting 240VAC to the broil element it has to be the clock/control board.
Get another one.

Simon.

Hi, wouldn't this be the same as the oven control board that I've already replaced and found to be bad? So could I be right that the part I replaced is a bad part?
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 2:37:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: onehotpny Go to Quoted Post
Hi, wouldn't this be the same as the oven control board that I've already replaced and found to be bad? So could I be right that the part I replaced is a bad part?

Yes James. This is the same part and looks like the new part is defective again. I will forward it to the APP customer service and someone will contact you tomorrow.

Unfortunately we can not rely on new parts any more. Very sad.

Gene.
onehotpny  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 3:23:40 PM(UTC)
onehotpny

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Yes James. This is the same part and looks like the new part is defective again. I will forward it to the APP customer service and someone will contact you tomorrow.

Unfortunately we can not rely on new parts any more. Very sad.

Gene.

Thanks Gene. Looks like Robert Shaw ( manufacturer of oven board) is slacking on their quality control. Thanks for the help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply