Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RocLobster  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:50:21 AM(UTC)
RocLobster

Groups: Registered

Greetings,
My Kitchen Aid ice maker bucket was overflowing, so I flipped the wire arm to the off position for a few days until we used up most of the ice. When I switched it back to the on position, no ice was made. I noticed the fill tube looked clogged with ice so I did the hair dryer trick, and after a few minutes put my hand to feel the tray been filled with water. Later I felt the tray and it had ice but the "ice fingers" didn't move the ice from the tray to the bucket.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

asa2000  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:33:39 AM(UTC)
asa2000

Originally Posted by: RocLobster Go to Quoted Post
Greetings,
My Kitchen Aid ice maker bucket was overflowing, so I flipped the wire arm to the off position for a few days until we used up most of the ice. When I switched it back to the on position, no ice was made. I noticed the fill tube looked clogged with ice so I did the hair dryer trick, and after a few minutes put my hand to feel the tray been filled with water. Later I felt the tray and it had ice but the "ice fingers" didn't move the ice from the tray to the bucket.

Have you attempted to remove the icemaker and reset the fingers to their preset position (which is 2:00 o'colck)? If not I would reccomend trying that. Many times the fingers will get stuck in the 8 o'clock position due to a bad or slow motor. If it continues to happen after resetting the fingers to their proper position, I would suggest replacing the complete icemaker assembly.
RocLobster  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 12:40:42 PM(UTC)
RocLobster

I removed the unit as suggested and positioned the fingers to 2 o'clock, but I tipped the unit to the side in the process and the front cover fell of along with the big gear. I re-installed the gear but I'm not sure it's in the right setting. What position should the gear be in if the fingers are at 2o'clock?
BTW Thanks for the help.
Rocco
asa2000  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:25:43 PM(UTC)
asa2000

Roc,

What options are there for the lineup on the gear. If it is the one I'm thinking there is a line where it can be installed on either the 10 o'clock or the 5 o'clock position. I believe that with the fingers in the 2 o'clock the gear should set at the 5 o'oclock position. I will try and doublecheck it, but that is what I recall. I hope this helps you out.
RocLobster  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 12:05:24 PM(UTC)
RocLobster

Got the gear in the unit cycled once, made a few cubes then stopped. Tray did not re-fill with water. Do I need a new control and motor assembly or could it be something else?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply