Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
denman  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 7:50:30 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I cannot find any tech info on this unit.
But you said the pump gets 220 volts so I am assuming this is a non-USA unit and I do not have access to any info.

A common problem is the unit not filling with enough water.
Most units fill to just under the heating element.
This can be checked by adding a couple quarts of water after each fill during a cycle.
Just be careful to not overfill it.
If it now washes OK then check the fill valve.

Often if the fill is low you will also hear a growling sound because the pump will cavitate (suck in air).
The most common cause is a dirty screen filter on the input side of the fill valve. Remove the valve from the unit and clean/check the filter.
Do not permanently remove it from the valve as it is there to keep crud out of the valve which could hold it open and cause a flood.

If it still does not fill correctly I would replace the fill valve.

PS: Be sure to shut off the power and the water supply to the unit. Have paper towels etc. handy to wipe up any spilled water. Get a small pan/bowl etc. that will fit under the valve then loosen the input water line let it drip into the container emptying it as necessary. This will minimize the amount of water spilled.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.