Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
teach971  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:33:36 PM(UTC)
teach971

Groups: Registered

wow, this is a long story so hang in there. My husband broke the paddle to the water dispenser on my frigidaire side by side. We repaired with a new paddle and put the front face plate on and it would not stop dispensing ice. We took it apart and it began to work properly for about two months, then it just started dispensing ice and would not stop. I purchased a new ribbon cable online and instaled it and then it wouldn't do anything. No ice, no water, no light. I then called a repairman. I paid him 180.00 for the service call and a new board. A week later he returned with a new board and said it must be a bad board. So we waited another 3 weeks for a replacement and he came to install it with the same result. He has taken off with our 180.00 dollars and will not aswer my calls! There is power coming from the switch that plugs into the board, but the board does not register any power when plugged in! On another note, in the middle of all this the the ice shoot door does not always close on it's own. I don't know. could it be safety switch? solenoid? hard to believe it was the board after he brougt two!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:15:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first thing I would do is check the wire harness connector under the freezer door top hinge cover.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Frigidaire FRS6L7EES1 Frigidaire/refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
P.S. Which ribbon cable did you replace? What is the part number of it?
teach971  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:27:30 PM(UTC)
teach971

Checked wires in the top left door, they look good, no crud, or rust, connected well. I have power all the way to the switch (I guess that is what you call those plastic connectors) that plugs into the board ..
the ribbon cable is 241680002

Thanks so much for your help. I hope we can work through this. Just sick about losing my 180.00!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:22:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Check the micro switches inside the dispenser (#38A at the diagram) for continuity.

As you can see at the diagram, there are two boards inside the dispenser - #38 & #38C. Which one he tried to replace?

Gene.
teach971  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:15:31 PM(UTC)
teach971

micro switches look the same. he replaced board #38
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 1:48:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: teach971 Go to Quoted Post
...micro switches look the same...

It's not enough. You have to check them for continuity and make sure they are properly engaged when the actuators are pressed in.

Gene.
teach971  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 5:02:08 PM(UTC)
teach971

they are pushed when the paddles are pushed. I hear a little click sound. But to check for continuity , Im not sure how to do that. Does help that my water line is leaking out the despenser now?
pondering_female  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 6:31:49 PM(UTC)
pondering_female

:( :confused: I broke our paddle it started with the stupid water freezing up found how to fix it then the other day i went to get some and broke the dumb paddle i dont know if its the whole thing or just a spring i cant get in it and look and aint strong enough to take the door off myself to look dang modern junk almst want to go back to useing ice trays .. good luck with yours:rolleyes:
wow, this is a long story so hang in there. My husband broke the paddle to the water dispenser on my frigidaire side by side. We repaired with a new paddle and put the front face plate on and it would not stop dispensing ice. We took it apart and it began to work properly for about two months, then it just started dispensing ice and would not stop. I purchased a new ribbon cable online and instaled it and then it wouldn't do anything. No ice, no water, no light. I then called a repairman. I paid him 180.00 for the service call and a new board. A week later he returned with a new board and said it must be a bad board. So we waited another 3 weeks for a replacement and he came to install it with the same result. He has taken off with our 180.00 dollars and will not aswer my calls! There is power coming from the switch that plugs into the board, but the board does not register any power when plugged in! On another note, in the middle of all this the the ice shoot door does not always close on it's own. I don't know. could it be safety switch? solenoid? hard to believe it was the board after he brougt two!
teach971  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 6:51:48 AM(UTC)
teach971

It has to be the switches right? The ice flapper sticks and now leaky water ..
Gene  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 9:49:00 AM(UTC)
Gene

...and now leaky water...

Did it start to leak after you pushed the water dispenser paddle?

Does the water come out of the water dispenser under full pressure?

Gene.