Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
badstove57  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 10:56:16 AM(UTC)
badstove57

Groups: Registered

The LED read out on my oven dosen't work so therefore my oven won't come on. It did this 1 other time months before. The WPool helpline said turn the breaker off allow the oven to reset. That didn't work at the time. It was left off for a few days when turned back on it worked briefly. The light comes on when the door is opened but the LED will not show.
this is the diagram of possible parts to be replaced. Wondering if it could possibly be bad connection, how to check, or how to get in and replace
http://www.appliancepartspros.c...=5134554&NewWindow=1
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 11:10:43 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

When the oven did it before, did it just start working again? Did you just self clean the oven? The possible cause that comes to mind is a thermal fuse behind the control panel may have failed. I write about this failure in my post Kitchenaid Double Oven no Heat after Self Clean from my blog. You may want to check this fuse and see if it is open, or you may be dealing with a control board failure.
badstove57  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 11:33:34 AM(UTC)
badstove57

It just came back on had not self-cleaned the oven. It make's a beeping noise all the time.
TechnicianBrian  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 11:38:26 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

If the LED is out and not responding to key inputs, the the control board (AP3595759) is the logical failure. The display is part of the board along with all logic so it controls everything in the oven.
badstove57  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 12:11:55 PM(UTC)
badstove57

There is a Control Panel Ass. & a Electronic clock control board how do I determine which it is.
Is this something I can just snap in, or should I have a repairman fix it
TechnicianBrian  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 12:23:46 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

As I said above, if the LED display is out, the control board is the logical failure. The control panel assembly consists of the outer panel itself along with the user interface buttons. The board doesn't just snap in, but does require removal of the trim parts, some screws and a series of wires and wire connectors. Having a professional provide the service would be a good option if you are at all uncomfortable doing such a repair yourself.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply