Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sunshine61  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2009 2:56:44 PM(UTC)
sunshine61

Groups: Registered

my washer is in excellent condition! but it suddenly quit aggitating, and spinning, it will fill with water, and the motor hums when i shut the lid, i can also hear the "click" when lid shuts. I put a new belt, and water pump on last year, a new timer thing, about 6 years ago. I check the outlet and it works fine, took out the wet clothes and bailed out the water and sill the same thing. can anyone give me any idea's and what might be the problem and how i can fix it myself. greatly appreciate any and all help. :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

blawson  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2009 3:27:07 PM(UTC)
blawson

Originally Posted by: sunshine61 Go to Quoted Post
my washer is in excellent condition! but it suddenly quit aggitating, and spinning, it will fill with water, and the motor hums when i shut the lid, i can also hear the "click" when lid shuts. I put a new belt, and water pump on last year, a new timer thing, about 6 years ago. I check the outlet and it works fine, took out the wet clothes and bailed out the water and sill the same thing. can anyone give me any idea's and what might be the problem and how i can fix it myself. greatly appreciate any and all help. :)

i have same problem i need to know what the anserw is how do i find the anserw to the above question?
sunshine61  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2009 3:48:05 PM(UTC)
sunshine61

I found the below thread to try and see if it is the motor! I do not think it is my "lid switch" as i said my motor still hums, there is no burning smell so i will try this tomarrow. as it is time to make sure my teenagers get their stuff ready for school, will let you know how my test turned out. by the way thanks for the reply!:) P.s. this was by the sr. editor (i believe)

Remove the motor. try turning the gearcase spindle by hand. If it does not turn freely in both directions, that is the faulty part. If it does turn freely, the motor is suspect. If replacing the motor, it is also good to replace the coupler assembly. To test the motor, set it well away from any metal in the frame, reconnect the wiring connectors and plug the machine in. Select a spin cycle, making sure the lid switch is closed, and press start. Be ready to unplug it quickly, and do so if the motor hums instead of running. If it runs in "spin" select a wash cycle. You will want to first reverse the connectors on your water level switch to make it "think" there's water in it before plugging it in. Test as you did in "spin". Don't be afraid, but don"t be over-confident. Electricity has no morals-it WILL kill you. If you think this is too much for you, a qualified tech is your best option.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply