Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
t-bone  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:09:55 AM(UTC)
t-bone

Groups: Registered

Our Advantium is giving an F3 error code and beeping repeatedly. I believe this is a keypad error and the keypad doesn't respond to most buttons now. I'm unable to find a schematic for this particular model and I'm not sure specifically what part(s) need to be replaced on the keypad.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Pegi  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:41:03 AM(UTC)
Pegi

Groups: Senior Expert

F3 Shorted key panel (touch pad), will occur if a shorted key panel is detected continuously over 60 seconds Replace key panel (touch pad)
docrings  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 4:49:21 PM(UTC)
docrings

Thought I'd post a quick DIY guide and let you know this repair of the keyboard only cost me $120 (parts + shipping).

This is based upon my Model ZSC2001FSS02 wallmount model. Keypad broke in 24 months of use... not bad for a $2500 microwave... not!

0. Order the keypad/chrome trip plate (#68 in the diagram).
1. Turn off breaker to the Advantium oven and remove rotissarie plate/frame from inside oven.
2. position a tall platform with a blanket on it (sawhorses or stools) to set the oven on when you remove it from the wall... it will probably have an armored cable attached to the back that might not be easy to remove... so you'll have to work on it in front of where it was mounted.
3. Open the microwave door... remove the four screws on the sides mounting it to the cabinetry.
4. With help (it's about 120 pounds), slide the oven forward and onto the work space, being wary of it's electrical cord.
5. Remove the screws holding the top panel in place. Remove by tilting the panel backside upwards to disengage the lip on its front side.
6. Now, with a long magnetized philips screwdriver, remove the four screws which hold the front keypad assembly to the oven.
7. Remove the front stainless keypad assembly by sliding it upwards off its pegs which are on either side. (Lift it straight up)
8. Follow the set of black/white wires from the keypad assembly to the main electical board near the back of the oven... disconnect the rectangular plugs from the main board carefully (they have a small latch on them).
9. Remove the stainless keypad assembly with wiring from the unit and place upside down on a padded towel to avoid scratching the old (and the new) stainless keypad assembly.
10. Remove the knob from its post... careful and slow... it's REALLY on there. I was able to use my fingers only...but it was a workout.
11. Remove the three screws holding the rotary knob circuit board from the black plastic base. (This will allow you to remove the black base from the stainless keypad surround.
12. Disconnect the flat ribbon cable by pulling outward on the black plastic sleeve. (You might want to practice re-inserting it... and see how far in it really has to go to bottom out and be firmly inserted.)
13. Remove the screws holding the black base to the stainless keypad surround, and remove the black base... it is held in place by a small metal tab under just to the side of where the rotary knob circuity board was prior to you removing it.
14. Remove the four brackets from the old stainless surround and save for the next step.
15. Now get your new keypad and stainless surround, lay it on the soft towel, and mount the old four brackets to the new piece.
16. Now reverse install everything. Remember, the black plastic base that holds the display will NOT go back into the new part if the knob shaft is installed... that has to be installed AFTER you mount the black plastic base onto the keypad stainless surround.

Reverse everything and then power up. The display should go completely lit (all pixels) for about 15 seconds, and then you set the clock. If you can set the clock... you are good to go.

Good job!!!
movingaway  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:22:56 PM(UTC)
movingaway

Thanks for posting these instructions. You saved us a lot of money. Unfortunately we already had a GE repair man come to the house to look at the unit and order the part ($160 for the part). Luckily they had the part sent directly to our house so following your instructions we just finished installing it ourselves. I'll be glad to call Monday morning and cancel the appointment for the guy to come back and install the part for us, and charge an outrageous labor rate for it.

Thanks again,

-Jenn
winagainjoe  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 7:30:39 AM(UTC)
winagainjoe

docrings.. can't thank you enough for the step by step insturctions to fix this annoying problem. We too came back from vactation to a beeping and self starting Advantium. With your help, I was able to get it up and running in four days. On to the next task! thanks!!:)
iuiguest  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 8:58:41 AM(UTC)
iuiguest

Wow, thanks for the detail instructions.

I have a different model, Model SCB2001KSS02 but it appears to be a close cousin as your instructions help me replace the same part. The way the knob attaches and the corner pegs are different but with the detail and pictures you provided it was easy to figure out.

The hardest part was the release clips on the wires. Took me a while to figure out to pinch the release and not pry it.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your how to.
dboyle101  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 4:55:02 PM(UTC)
dboyle101

Thanks for the post on the repair I have a scb2000fbb03 and it is very close to your instructions. The wire connectors were the only problem. GE was easy to work. Should be for 3 year old $2600 unit! the part (#68) listed at $129. They reduced the part to $41 and set up shipping. Repair took about 30 minutes. Again, thanks for your post
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply