Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mutex  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:19:21 AM(UTC)
mutex

Groups: Registered

I recently replaced the clutch & motor coupler to fix a non spinning machine. It spun for about 1/2 a cycle and stopped.....looks like the transmissions shot.

I found somewhere online that sells refurbed transmissions for a bit over $50 shipped

I debated between fixing and getting a used washer on craigslist for $100 or so, and I think im going to fix the one I have.

Ive already replaced the motor coupler & clutch, ill pickup a transmission. I was thinking of getting a drive block and water pump (mine doesnt spin freely so I assume its not great) since they're relatively cheap. Is there anything else that frequently wears or breaks that I should replace while I have it apart?

Thanks!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:32:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mutex Go to Quoted Post
I recently replaced the clutch & motor coupler to fix a non spinning machine. It spun for about 1/2 a cycle and stopped.....looks like the transmissions shot.

I found somewhere online that sells refurbed transmissions for a bit over $50 shipped

I debated between fixing and getting a used washer on craigslist for $100 or so, and I think im going to fix the one I have.

Ive already replaced the motor coupler & clutch, ill pickup a transmission. I was thinking of getting a drive block and water pump (mine doesnt spin freely so I assume its not great) since they're relatively cheap. Is there anything else that frequently wears or breaks that I should replace while I have it apart?

Thanks!!

Mutex,

As long as you're at it, consider replacing the brake shoes

Part number: AP3094432
Part number: AP3094432

Check, clean and lubricate the bearings in the spin tube.

You should be fine, for quite a while.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
richappy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:32:53 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Remove the pump and motor and turn the tranny coupler clockwise till the spin engages, if very hard to turn, replace the brake shoes. You can go to my sticky above for info.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply