Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
esferre  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 7:31:26 AM(UTC)
esferre

Groups: Registered

My Maytag washer machine will not take any water (cold or hot). The "On" light is on and the "Wash/Rinse" light is on but no water goes into the machine.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:31:40 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Lets start off by checking the screens in the hoses and make sure they are not clogged. If they are clear then we will need to check to see if we are getting voltage to the valve. To do this you will need to have a multi-meter and set it to a/c voltage. Check to see if you have power coming to the water valve when the washer is set to bring in water. If so you would need to order a new valve for the unit. The part number is Part number: AP4026989
richappy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:18:23 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You have a blown fuse in the lid switch assembly AP4026359, best to buy the assembly as a bad switch there, or a power surge caused the fuse to blow.
esferre  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:11:03 AM(UTC)
esferre

Originally Posted by: Jeff / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Lets start off by checking the screens in the hoses and make sure they are not clogged. If they are clear then we will need to check to see if we are getting voltage to the valve. To do this you will need to have a multi-meter and set it to a/c voltage. Check to see if you have power coming to the water valve when the washer is set to bring in water. If so you would need to order a new valve for the unit. The part number is Part number: AP4026989

Thank you for your prompt response. This is what I have done thuis far. The hoses are clear and the screens on the valves appear to be clear as well. I am then checking the voltage on each of the terminals connected to the water valve by disconnecting the terminal from the water valve, inserting one prong from my tester into one end and the other in the other end, plugging the washer into the electrical outlet and turning the knob on the washer to the setting to bring water into the washer (the "on" light and the "Wash/Rinse" lights are on) and I get no reading. I repeated this procedure on each of the other two connectors that connect to the water valve with the same results. If i have done this procedure correctly, which I believe I have, then it appears that there is no current.
What can I check next?
Jeff / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:23:20 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Then next we will need to go to the lid switch assembly. Test the fuse in the assembly if blown replace the whole assembly. Part number: AP4026359
esferre  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:56:04 AM(UTC)
esferre

Then next we will need to go to the lid switch assembly. Test the fuse in the assembly if blown replace the whole assembly. Part number: AP4026359

Ok. Where is this assembly (switch) located on the washer or how do I get to it? and to test it do I remove the fuse and use a multimeter for continuity? If it is good it should read 0 ohm?
Sorry for all the questions but first time i do this. Again thanks.
Jeff / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:39:09 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

This is located inside the control panel. Yes remove the fuse and check for continuity. It should read closed and not open. If it is bad, replace the whole assembly and not just the fuse.
esferre  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:39:48 AM(UTC)
esferre

This is located inside the control panel. Yes remove the fuse and check for continuity. It should read closed and not open. If it is bad, replace the whole assembly and not just the fuse.

Thank you so much for all of your help. Yesterday I ordered the part from your web site, received it this morning, installed it and my washer is working again. Again, thank you, at first I didn't think i was going to be able to fix it myself but with your assistance you were able tell me exactly where the problem was.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply