Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vaughn@earthlink.net  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 5:05:20 AM(UTC)
vaughn@earthlink.net

Groups: Registered

I have a THERMADOR PRDS304/36 range. Afew days ago the right front re-igniter burner stopped working .No spark, no flame. I thought it was the solinoid and replaced it which did no good. Then the back re-igniter burner stopped working. The rest of the burners still light. However it has developed a new problem. Every once in a while all the igniters come on without my turning any of the knobs and will not shut off when I do turn a burner on with the knob. The only way to shut the ingiters off is to trip the circuit breaker which seems to reset them. As far as I can see the problem seems to lie in one of two parts. Either the 6 point gas re-igniter board or the control unit. I am thinking that the control unit tells the re- igniter board what to do but I really do not know. Any help will be appreciated. Thanh You Vaughn
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

vaughn@earthlink.net  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 5:19:52 AM(UTC)
vaughn@earthlink.net

Originally Posted by: vaughn@earthlink.net Go to Quoted Post
I have a THERMADOR PRDS304/36 range. Afew days ago the right front re-igniter burner stopped working .No spark, no flame. I thought it was the solinoid and replaced it which did no good. Then the back re-igniter burner stopped working. The rest of the burners still light. However it has developed a new problem. Every once in a while all the igniters come on without my turning any of the knobs and will not shut off when I do turn a burner on with the knob. The only way to shut the ingiters off is to trip the circuit breaker which seems to reset them. As far as I can see the problem seems to lie in one of two parts. Either the 6 point gas re-igniter board or the control unit. I am thinking that the control unit tells the re- igniter board what to do but I really do not know. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You Vaughn
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
vaughn@earthlink.net  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 5:24:31 AM(UTC)
vaughn@earthlink.net

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Servicer  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:02:00 PM(UTC)
Servicer

Groups: Senior Expert

Behind the control panel, on the two exlo control valves, which is what the knob attaches to, sits potentiometers. These potentiometers, or "pots" for short, tell a control board, called a simmer control, within the unit to turn the two exlo burners on, i.e. spark, open the solenoids, cycle in exlo, etc. If one of the wires that run between the simmer control and pot breaks contact, the burner that's ran by that pot will stop working. If all three wires, which are the three center wires, break contact, all burners will start sparking continuously.

If the harness that plugs onto the pots are good and making contact, it would be best to replace the potentiometers. For your unit, the pots are sold in a kit, which also includes the simmer control module. The Thermador part number for this kit is 497234.

Good Luck,
KC
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply