Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thisnthat  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:33:46 AM(UTC)
thisnthat

Groups: Registered

My Jenn-Air French door refrigerator wasn't getting cold this summer, so my husband called for repair. $500 plus his time waiting for them to show up.
It "broke" again the same way 2 months later. I turned it off, then back on again. Still didn't work. Did it again, still didn't work. Then I turned it off, vacuumed the coils, did some chores, and turned it back on after 4 hours. It worked perfectly! Save $500 and didn't have to wait around for repair guy. The fridge has been working perfectly for a month. Yesterday, needed to fix something in the kitchen, so turned off the fridge circuit breaker by accident, and immediately turned it back on. The fridge stopped getting cold again, just like in the summer, and a month ago. I know the coils are clean, so I turned it on and off again, still didn't work. Then I turned it off and waited an hour before turning it back on. Bingo! One hour later, the freezer was at 25 degrees and the fridge at 37. Two hours later, freezer at 1 degree, fridge at 34. So, it was either turn it on and off 3 times, or more likely, turn it off for an hour, and then turn it back on. Do this before you call for repair, oh and keep your coils vacuumed, just to be safe.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.