Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sadlerly  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 9:56:50 AM(UTC)
sadlerly

Groups: Registered

I recently replaced the temperature switch on my washer and when I run the wash cycle, the cold water doesnt run in for the rinse OR even if I want to start the cycle with cold water wash, the water wont run in. When I replaced the part I was careful to remove one wire at a time from the damaged part and put on the new one to assure that no wires would be crossed. Please help.:(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 12:04:57 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Why did you replace the water temp. switch? Was it doing the same thing before?

Do you get any water (warm or hot), when set on cold or no water at all?

If you get no water you might have a bad water valve or the water could be turned off or a water screen could be plugged up.
sadlerly  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 9:19:03 AM(UTC)
sadlerly

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
Why did you replace the water temp. switch? Was it doing the same thing before?

Do you get any water (warm or hot), when set on cold or no water at all?

If you get no water you might have a bad water valve or the water could be turned off or a water screen could be plugged up.

I had to replace the switch because it was broken during moving; the whole stem broke in half so I had to order the part and replace it. When I do warm wash, the cold and hot comes together to make the warm wash. But if I want a cold wash, the cold water doesnt work, and the cold water doesnt work for the rinse either. Can you tell me what could possibly be going on? When it goes on the rinse cycle, hot water runs in and I have turn it off and pour in buckets of cold water so that I will have a cold rinse.
ThatGuy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 4:04:43 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sadlerly Go to Quoted Post
I had to replace the switch because it was broken during moving; the whole stem broke in half so I had to order the part and replace it. When I do warm wash, the cold and hot comes together to make the warm wash. But if I want a cold wash, the cold water doesn't work, and the cold water doesn't work for the rinse either. Can you tell me what could possibly be going on? When it goes on the rinse cycle, hot water runs in and I have turn it off and pour in buckets of cold water so that I will have a cold rinse.

It sounds like you might have the wires on the wrong terminals on the switch. You need to find the wiring diagram that came with your washer and check the wires to the switch very carefully. Good luck.
sadlerly  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 3:22:13 AM(UTC)
sadlerly

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
It sounds like you might have the wires on the wrong terminals on the switch. You need to find the wiring diagram that came with your washer and check the wires to the switch very carefully. Good luck.

Hi ThatGuy,

That's interesting because I took one wire off at a time and placed it on the new one. Now the water is running in but not filling up. I dont know where its going, its not on the floor and I dont hear it draining from the hose. I was wondering if the wiring would affect this as well.

Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply