Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
arkie102  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2009 4:07:49 PM(UTC)
arkie102

Groups: Registered

Washer will not agitate in all wash cycles but will work in rinse/spin cycle. When a wash cycle is selected the washer fills timer advances in the wash cycle but does not agitate. As the timer advances a clicking noise is heard. When it reaches the rinse cycle the agitator works works fine. Also spin mode works fine. This happened after I changed the belt and had a look at the timer. I did not remove or do anything to the timer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

arkie102  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2009 4:09:51 PM(UTC)
arkie102

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
richappy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:57:29 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You did something wrong. Maybe a timer pin came out on the connector. Rather rare these timers go bad, but it seems like a timer issue. Also, do you have a speed control switch on the panel?
arkie102  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:40:29 AM(UTC)
arkie102

Thanks for your help. Yes their is a Wash/Spin speed select knob on the panel. The reason I change the belt was the washer spin was leaving the clothes to wet and I thought the belt may be slipping. The spin speed seems to be at the same seed in all cycles. Could this be the problem. I did not see connector pins or anything else loose. Before I pay eighty bucks for a new timer do you think I should try a new Washer/Spin switch.:mad:
Wes
richappy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 5:10:36 AM(UTC)
richappy

Rare these plastic timers go bad.The speed switch is supplying low and high speed current to the motor at the same time, just replace it. You can ohm it out per the schematic if you have a meter.
arkie102  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 9:27:34 AM(UTC)
arkie102

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Rare these plastic timers go bad.The speed switch is supplying low and high speed current to the motor at the same time, just replace it. You can ohm it out per the schematic if you have a meter.[/quote.
:)

Thank you again. I replaced the Timer and the Washer Agitator problem was solved, However in the wash mode sometimes it makes a knocking sound as if a shoe or something is in the tub, but I lift the lid and stop the wash and then close the lid , the knock goes away. I inspected the load can not find anything except water and clothes. It goes ok and may or may not knock again for a while. Last but not least the clothes sill are more wet than they should be. Maybe the wash spin switch needs replacing also. Your opinion would be appreciated.

Wes
richappy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:23:44 PM(UTC)
richappy

If the agitator spins at the same speed in gentle or normal cycles, your speed switch is probably bad.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply