Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Admin / APP Team Posted: Monday, September 10, 2007 8:22:11 AM(UTC)

Good job, Handiman.

Thanks for letting us know.
handiman Posted: Saturday, September 8, 2007 5:39:33 PM(UTC)

I recieved the part and installed it. It works fine now. Thanks for your help.

Handiman
handiman Posted: Monday, September 3, 2007 4:06:16 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the information. I read the switch explanation link you provided. looks like the contacts are sticking closed at times. I will be sure to disconnect the power before changing the switch. It is on order and should be shipped tomorrow. Thanks for your reply.
Handiman
Admin / APP Team Posted: Saturday, September 1, 2007 9:31:34 AM(UTC)

Sounds like the switch is bad. There is no thermostat though, it's an infinite switch and is controlled with a bi-metal. Here is an excellent explanation of how this type of a switch works.

Before replacing the switch, don't forget to turn the power off to the range by either unplugging it in the back or turning off the right circuit breakers.

Let us know how the replacement goes.
handiman Posted: Saturday, September 1, 2007 7:23:30 AM(UTC)

Our Whirlpool 8 inch burner will stay at full heat when the control knob is placed in low heat position. It will stop only when the control is placed in the off position. Does the control have a thermostat in it that controls the temp of the burner? I have ordered a new control for the 8 inch burner.

This could be a real problem if a cook did not notice that the burner is still going at full blast even tho the control is on low heat.