Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kpendlet Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 7:51:44 PM(UTC)

Nope no green LED displayed when power is appplied. Looks like I'll be getting a power board, unless anyone else has a suggestion.

One thing to note, I followed the troubleshooting suggestions in the guide and I didn't see anywhere near the resistance values that the guide said I should see - way low at every test point.
kpendlet Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 10:03:24 AM(UTC)

I will check that tonight (been out of town) and report my findings. I don't remember seeing a green LED when I was looking at it the other night.

Thanks for the response.
denman Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:34:00 AM(UTC)

Here are the parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KECC508GBL3 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the wiring diagram
http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Wiring%20Sheet%20-%203192472.pdf

And a manual
https://secured.whirlpool.com/Service/SrvTechAdm.nsf/2cd44500d572193285256a45004fd9d6/a03c5fde8523c63b85256da200530076/$FILE/4317347.pdf

When you checked your power I am assuming you saw not only the 240 volts but also the 120 volt sides.

Check/clean the ribbon cable.

I would lean more towards the power board as it provides power for the control board so is more likely to cause a totally dead condition.
Check for the green LED showing that the board is supplying the 5 volt DC re: logic supply.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
kpendlet Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 5:15:38 PM(UTC)

My son was using the cooktop the other day and it just turned off on its own. It is the model with the touch controls and there is no response at all from the control panel - no lights, beeps ...nothing. I checked for a tripped breaker - no joy.

I decided to remove the cooktop and take a look. I got the glass top off and verified, with a voltmeter, that there is power to the unit. I feel it's either the power board or the control board - leaning toward the control board. Both boards are pricey, so I don't want to guess at the solution.

I would really appreciate any help that I can get to help narrow down what the problem is.

Thanks!