Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
arsofga Posted: Monday, April 9, 2012 11:56:30 AM(UTC)

Same problem with my Whirlpool (GC900QPPB2). When i first got the compactor i added a toggle switch to turn it off at the bottom of the cycle- i have no idea as to why i did not use the stop button. Lately i started using the stop button instead of my toggle switch and now after two weeks of that nothing happens. Safety switches are good, power is good- no response when i hit start. I am thinking about trying to wire around the start switch somehow. Real advice would be appreciated. Thanks
mshamby1 Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:56:09 AM(UTC)

My Whirpool compactor (GX900QPPS) won't turn on at all. My old compactor allowed for dense packing but this one doesn't so when I want dense pack, I turn the unit off at the end of the downstroke. Recently, I did that and when I went to turn it back on there wasn't any power to the unit. There isn't a hum from the motor or any other activity for that matter. I've tested the outlet and all other basic troubleshooting steps. It appears to be down to the motor or switch but I don't know how to fully test those.