Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2024 7:10:23 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
Mine is designed similar but has two hard plastic anchor clips, one on each side of back of wire shelf, and I can’t remove them. They are so hard they are entirely inflexible. I have tried prying them open some to slide off with a screwdriver and needle nose pliers and they still won’t budge at all. This is ridiculously difficult making it impossible to move a shelf up and down. This should be an easy thing to do to accommodate various items. I have not been thrilled with several features of my side by side fridgidaire and doubt I’ll buy one again.

Same problem I am getting pissed off! I cannot remove the black thing on freezer shelf. Does swearing help while trying to remove?
Guest Posted: Friday, March 22, 2024 11:38:19 AM(UTC)

Mine is designed similar but has two hard plastic anchor clips, one on each side of back of wire shelf, and I can’t remove them. They are so hard they are entirely inflexible. I have tried prying them open some to slide off with a screwdriver and needle nose pliers and they still won’t budge at all. This is ridiculously difficult making it impossible to move a shelf up and down. This should be an easy thing to do to accommodate various items. I have not been thrilled with several features of my side by side fridgidaire and doubt I’ll buy one again.
Guest Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 2:21:20 PM(UTC)

Thank you...

I was able to remove the freezer rack on a Hotpoint model by lifting both the left-front and left-rear rack, then pushed it to the left, then it came right off...
jasneskis Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:35:23 PM(UTC)

Thank you very much, that is exactly what I needed. I needed to remove Frigidaire freezer shelf to pack food in large plastic bags to prepare for termite tenting.:)
lpblue Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:56:28 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: spam Go to Quoted Post
I know this is an old post, but I just figured out how to do this and I think other people might benefit from this information in the future. The geniuses at Frigidaire didn't bother to include such crucial information in the owner's manual so you have to figure it out on your own.

Anyway, my shelf had a black stopper piece of plastic stuck on the front-left side of the shelf. Once I removed this piece of plastic, I was able to shift the shelf just enough to the left side so the front-right side was able to come out of the little holes. Then I shifted it back a little and the back-right side came off too. Both wholes on the left side are deeper to allow this maneuver, although it is not apparent.

Just be careful, because the shelf legs barely come off of the holes and if you force them in or out, you can scratch the side walls of the freezer.

Thank you so much for posting this! I just came home from the store with a 20 pound bag of ice cubes that were melting because the bag was too heavy to put on my wire freezer rack and it wouldn't fit below the rack where it was. This worked like a charm and I got the ice in at the bottom of the freezer. :-)
lamama1 Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 5:52:59 AM(UTC)

This is exactly the info I needed on how to move the shelf...thanks!!!
spam Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2011 3:57:25 PM(UTC)

I know this is an old post, but I just figured out how to do this and I think other people might benefit from this information in the future. The geniuses at Frigidaire didn't bother to include such crucial information in the owner's manual so you have to figure it out on your own.

Anyway, my shelf had a black stopper piece of plastic stuck on the front-left side of the shelf. Once I removed this piece of plastic, I was able to shift the shelf just enough to the left side so the front-right side was able to come out of the little holes. Then I shifted it back a little and the back-right side came off too. Both wholes on the left side are deeper to allow this maneuver, although it is not apparent.

Just be careful, because the shelf legs barely come off of the holes and if you force them in or out, you can scratch the side walls of the freezer.
feanor387 Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 1:03:01 PM(UTC)

I am trying to remove the top shelf on my Frigidaire sid by side freezer. The shelf is a wire fram shelf with the 4 ends stuck into the sides of the freezer. I tried shifting the shelf to either side to get one end to come out but it is not coming out. How do you remove this type of shelf.

Thanks In Advance
Troy