Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 6:43:24 AM(UTC)

Your compressor is probably drawing high current at startup, then shutting down on it's overload klixon, very probably a burnt start winding. Does not sound like it's fixable.
koehler Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 5:48:08 AM(UTC)

From my husband..."It's kind of a high pitched squeal and cycles on and off. When it cycles, it doesn't sound healthy."
Thanks
richappy Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 1:00:17 AM(UTC)

Is the compressor running, or is it just sitting there and heating up. The compressor will make a whining sound and vibrate a bit if running.
Gene Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 4:02:31 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: koehler Go to Quoted Post
...said the compressor does sound funny...

Can you be more specific on that sound?

Gene.
koehler Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 11:31:55 AM(UTC)

This is in a rental unit. Renter called to say it had been sounding "funny" and then she was gone overnight and most of the day. Upon returning, everything in the freezer was thawed and not cold. My husband cleared the dust from the coils underneath and said the compressor does sound funny. Renter said it is putting out warm air. Have a couple of calls into repairmen, but neither have returned my call yet. Thank you for any ideas you might have.