Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Saturday, December 2, 2023 7:31:07 PM(UTC)

Our Samsung fridge does exactly the same. We are fed up with it so are buying another brand.
Would definately NOT RECOMMEND a Samsung fridge to anyone. Its headed for the garage as a spare fridge where no one will hear the wretched thing.
Guest Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 4:35:42 PM(UTC)

I have the same problem popping and cracking sounds but now my Samsung refrigerator is not cooling.
Guest Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 11:17:34 AM(UTC)

Was anyone able to get Samsung to pay for this repair under the 5-year sealed systems warranty? I just moved into a house with a 2019 model that's been waking me up at night. I showed them the service repair bulletin (thanks for finding that!), and they're very cryptic about what they'll pay for.
Guest Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2021 11:43:20 AM(UTC)

I too have purchase a Samsung fridge and it making this loud popping noise!
I think I found the bulletin:
https://f01.justanswer.c...5111SR+Popping+Noise.pdf

I'll call them monday!
walther Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 4:05:27 PM(UTC)

Seems this is still an issue with newer refrigerators. We purchased a new fridge last year and it is showing the same loud popping sounds. Called Samsung and they had no idea what I was talking about. Mentioned there seems to be a bulletin, but the guy I talked with said there was nothing about this issue. No recalls, no notices, etc.

Any chance anyone has any details that can be used to point them in the right direction? Links, Bulletin #, etc?
LoudFridgeNotOk Posted: Friday, January 3, 2020 7:25:16 AM(UTC)

Man, I can't believe Samsung is still selling refrigerators with this issue; I just bought model RF28R7201SR on 11/23/2019 and it started making loud popping sounds a few days after installed. Sound was like a hammer hitting wood, one shot. This is a well known issue in Samsung and when I called the number, I got the same run around BS that it's normal noises from contraction/expansion. Well I demanded a tech come check it out and they scheduled one. When the tech came to my house, dude said it is a well known issue and shared a crazy story of some old lady thinking somebody was breaking into her house in the middle of the night and she called the cops. Crazy! Anyways, fix was applied in 20 minutes. Guy disassembled the fridge from the inside backside where there's a tiny coil and metal plate and then put some thin insulation glue on between the metal plate and the plastic on the fridge, insulation was a templated peel on so it's a well known issue. The problem went away and I'm a happy camper kind-of. Noticed the fridge's fan hums loud when it turns on, louder than any fridge I've ever known and I'm 52 years old. Oh well, buyer beware!
christinat Posted: Friday, December 30, 2016 9:53:04 AM(UTC)

THANK YOU to those who posted about the "bulletin" by Samsung about the popping noise (more like a gunshot). It has been happening for over a month after purchasing a BRAND new fridge. The noise happens once or twice an hour and I had 4 recordings for him to hear (he said he had never heard it occurring) - thank you iphone app.

Samsung told me it was normal and would go away with time. Really? Are you kidding me? After I said it was unacceptable and NOT normal, I had to request a supervisor who then set up a service call - that was my only option.

The tech confirmed there is a bulletin for the service technicians, and he had the aluminum mat (he wrote "evac seal" on the order) ready to go. He confirmed that it is the cooling coils in the back of the fridge surrounded by a heating element to defrost the coils, thus causing the noise. I'm not sure if that setup is proper and of course he had no comment because he only works on Samsung. Seems like I read where these coils were freezing over which caused problems, so maybe the heater is just to solve that flaw, which then leads to the popping noise. I am no fridge expert so I have no idea. I'm hoping it works. If not, it's back to Samsung. Ridiculous. Good luck folks - don't take "normal" as an answer.
JLLL Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 8:49:11 AM(UTC)

I confirm with what is written below. I had the same annoying loud popping issues. After reading the blogs (thank you!!!) I contacted the vendor warranty and they passed me on to Samsung who stated the noise was normal. Then they sent me troubleshooting info on how to ensure the unit was level.
You need to continually fight for a work order warranty number and continually remind them that there is a fix.
Eventually they gave me a work order number and an Samsung appliance repair company called me within 2 days.
They scheduled an appointment and came to the house.
The repair man knew exactly what the problem was and installed what appeared to be a styrofoam insulator and was gone within 15 minutes

noise is gone!!!
Make sure your refrigerator is empty because the repair man has to go in from the front.
PeterGB Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:29:14 PM(UTC)

I confirm with what is written below. I had the same annoying loud popping issues. After reading the blogs (thank you!!!) I contacted the vendor warranty and they passed me on to Samsung. An engineer came out within 2 days. When he arrived I explained the problem (Murphy's law wasn't happening at the time) and the engineer started to give me a number of reasons why the noise could be legitimate. I had already printed the blog that stated the issue was not an ice maker issue and was now fixable; with hat the engineer went on line and looked at the fridge's serial and product number and...'hey presto' found a communication that suggested a fix to extreme 'popping' sounds. It looks like an aluminum mat which fits behind the heating/ cooling element and is designed to insulate the heating element from the cooling element and surrounding aluminum case which obviously reacts tot he different temperatures.
Tell the engineer to look on line for fixes if he/she says the sound is normal and do not take no for an answer!
Hope this helps....
bklynkitchen Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 1:09:53 PM(UTC)

Samsung fixed my popping sound. I just bought the fridge; it has a warranty. From what I read, it has to do with the physics of the heating element touching the cooling elements and they just invented a fix. The fix works. But hear the story. First I called Samsung. The customer service rep told me the obnoxious popping sound was "normal" and that I could write the president of the company if I was unhappy. She gave me the address of the president. I then called the store that sold me the appliance and asked for warranty service assuming from what I had read that some of the technicians know how to fix it. The tech came out and said that there was a "bulletin" out on the problem which is like a recall. But it is a secret recall. He brought a part that has been made to fix the proximity of the heat and the cold. And the problem is solved. But you see from this that Samsung won't own the problem or at least they make you go through hoops. The problem does NOT come from the icemaker although it certainly sounds like it does. It is NOT just a Samsung problem; it runs across the brands. The fridges are all similar.