Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2021 5:42:05 PM(UTC)

How do I do trouble shooting thru my control panel on Maytag Neptune mah6500aww? Any help is greatly appreciated. The washer is displaying Lr code, which I’ve read is locked rotor? How do I
Replace that?
tvtech Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 7:50:36 PM(UTC)

I think i would try looking it over good for any loose connections. Another thought is possibly is it possible to disconnect the control keypad once started to see if possibly it could causing the stopping.. not many ideas sorry
mattfrombedford Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 3:58:04 PM(UTC)

FYI - I never figured it out and trashed it for a whirlpool. Want to thank you for your time.

m
richappy Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 2:40:43 PM(UTC)

You could try spraying all the connectors with non-residue cleaning spray available at Radio Shack, just might fix it. Just wiggle the connectors while spraying.
mattfrombedford Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 11:38:06 AM(UTC)

Haven't had time to check the motor temperature or wires yet but did pull the trouble shooting guide out and looked it over. Circuit board seems to be acting strange. Door stays locked for extended period of time at some of these intermittent stops. Unplugged unit for five minutes and plugging back in still won't unlock door. Have to wait 20 min or so til lock disengages. Would you think this behavior is tied into a motor overheating? Board can act goofy during trouble shooting procedure. Possible that the board is causing all of this? Will check wires and motor temp this week.

thx!

m
richappy Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:48:19 AM(UTC)

I would check all your connectors for a loose pin. Also, run it with the back off and check the motor housing for a hot motor when it shuts off.
mattfrombedford Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 3:46:54 PM(UTC)

Just got done inspecting the circut board. No burnt resistors and the board is completely different than the ones shown at the other sites. Think my model (MAH6500AWW) is entirely different that had this door lock problem. Spun the basket, smooth as silk. Just hear the water sloshing around inside the unit. At first glance does not appear to be bearings. I am totally stumped...
richappy Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 2:01:37 PM(UTC)

If you spin the spin basket and hear bearings, your motor is shutting down on it's internal thermal overload due to the increased drag.
mattfrombedford Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 10:23:50 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
When it stops, can you re-start it right away?

Sorry for the delayed response...

It depends, sometimes it seems that I have to unplug it for five minutes to get it to restart. I am to pull the cover tonight and see if that R11 resistor everyone seems to be talking about is fried. I find it strange that sometimes we get the LR effor code and sometimes it just turns off. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

m
richappy Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2010 3:14:59 AM(UTC)

When it stops, can you re-start it right away?