Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 3:20:20 PM(UTC)

Per the description on the problem, the cause is a faulty switch which should be Normally Open (very top one). The Normally Closed switch is the monitor switch and is not connected to this problem.
The Normally Open switch Part number: AP4044834
Part number: AP4044834

Good luck.
Gene.
Ronmat Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 12:16:17 AM(UTC)

kenmore 40185053210 I have 3 switches the 2 upper ore Normally open the bottom one seems to be normally closed. when i make the switch it doesnt completely go open. it always seems to read some amount of continuity in the switch. So I ordered the switch from your sight last that is normally closed.
Really appreciate your reply and would still like to see some diagrams or something of that nature.
thanks ronnie
Gene Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:45:40 PM(UTC)

Hi, Ron.

What is the complete model number of the microwave?
Ronmat Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 2:22:29 AM(UTC)

Can someone point me to diagrams or instructions on
Removing parts needed to get to the door switches.
I can't get link to work.
Thanks ron
Gene Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 3:25:42 PM(UTC)

It's better not to use it until it's fixed.

Gene.
reyzky Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:58:52 PM(UTC)

thanks, gene... i'm gonna try to get the parts immediately. i'll test the switches first, that's for sure. meanwhile, is it safe to use the microwave for now? thanks again...
Gene Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:54:48 PM(UTC)

It could be the same solution but it's better to check the switches before replacing them.

- Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric JVM2070SH001 Counter top microwave | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
reyzky Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 10:37:45 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Tom,

I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.

I have the same problem with my GE Profile model #jvm2070sh001. does it mean to replace both switches and the switch monitor?
thanks in advance.....
Gene Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:09:17 PM(UTC)

Hi Tom,

I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
TWA Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:04:24 PM(UTC)

Dear Gene - aka Appliance Sherlock Holmes,

Thanks so much for your advice. I installed the switches I ordered online, and voila! the problem is solved. When I opened the case or this Kenmore Microwave, I discovered a wiring diagram folded up in a little plastic holder, which was nice. Between that and the diagram I was able to download from sears.com parts, and your advice, the repair was very clear. Thanks again.

Tom