Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:58:34 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: rhankins74 Go to Quoted Post
I replaced the ECU without the new Overlay. Nothing happened when I pushed the buttons. Does the Overlay have to be on in order for the ECU to work?

Yes, it does.

Gene.
rhankins74 Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:54:03 AM(UTC)

I replaced the ECU without the new Overlay. Nothing happened when I pushed the buttons. Does the Overlay have to be on in order for the ECU to work?
larryk13 Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:04:26 PM(UTC)

BIG thanks to Gene and everyone else that helped me out. i (FINALLY) have the oven working again properly after replacing the clock/time (ECU) unit. and, i was able to actually take the overlay OFF of the old part, and re-glue it onto the new part, saving the 20 dollar additional 'overlay' cost for a small piece of printed plastic:)

thanks everyone, this site is great!
larry k
Gene Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 4:26:00 PM(UTC)

Larry,

The overlay is glued to the clock and it's self adhesive. So it is a good idea to order a new overlay together with a new clock.

- The overlay Part number: AP3776841
larryk13 Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 2:52:24 PM(UTC)

Hello all,
I am ordering a new ECU (clock/timer) for my electric Frigidaire range. i was wondering if i need to purchase a new Overlay as well (the part that goes on front and faces user). do i need to take it out first to see how it is connected to the front piece?

thanks,
larry