Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
brxtc Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 5:21:32 PM(UTC)

I had the same problem. I didn't want to spend the money or go to the trouble of replacing the whole latch assembly with the GE latch repair kit.
I found that the plastic latch piece screwed to the door had broken and one of the two latch "fingers" was stuck in one of the latch openings on the washer. I fixed the problem by removing the broken part from the washer and drilling and countersinking very small holes (1/16" I think) in the plastic latch piece on either side of the "latch finger". I then put the broken off piece back in place and drillled pilot holes for #4 sheet metal screws in the door where the latch is located. The door liner is plastic and I think I used a 1/32 inch drill bit. I reattached the broken latch piece with two 1/2 inch stainles steel #4 flat head phillips screws from Home Depot. The screws hold the broken latch piece in place as orinilally positioned.
The repair is working fine and the door now latches like it did before the latch part broke.
d16ej1 Posted: Wednesday, July 2, 2008 2:58:08 PM(UTC)

Well Handy Mom if thats what it is I can get it for 125.00 here is a link to the latch kit.
Part Details - GE Kit latch dr, part number: WH49X10023
HANDY MOM Posted: Wednesday, July 2, 2008 8:29:20 AM(UTC)

I am having the same problem. I called the 800-626-2000 number and was told I needed the latch kit. Are you ready? $200.00. If you find anything else let us know.
d16ej1 Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 5:38:35 PM(UTC)

Can anyone help me Im running out of tape!!!!!
d16ej1 Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:12:30 AM(UTC)

I have a GE front loader washer(wsxh208v1ww) and now for some reason the door wont stay latched enough for the washer to say running. Im getting tired of tapeing the door shut and wedging items in there to keep the door tight enough to stay running. So If anyone has a part number to fix it or have had the same problem please help me because its driving me nuts. Thanks!