Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Admin / APP Team Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 10:00:30 AM(UTC)

You're not going to like the answer...

The problem is most likely with the gas valve itself. It's not fully opening.

New valve is $175. Click here.
FEFD17 Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:48:23 PM(UTC)

just an update I pulled the front cover.I held a cloth in my hand and sarted the dryer.It lit the glowbar clicked the gas on and away it went.I put it all back together for the 151st time,started it,glowbar came on it clicked for gas glowbar went out and nothing for heat/gas/flameThe third time I pulled it back apart.Pulled the burner tube off,pulled out the gas orfice made sure it was clean--it was---put it all back together,started it up see the glowbar come on made a phone call,made a cup of coffee walked back in two minutes later tops and no click and the glowbar stayed on the whole time.

I am ready to unplug it,place in the front of ny truck and use it as a cushion in a demolition derby:mad:
FEFD17 Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:29:40 PM(UTC)

Fisrt I want to say to anyone needing parts------GET THEM HERE!!! They are WAY cheaper than your local shop!!! trust me I took a beating on an Ignitor.....anyway

I bought these from your company the other day.

Part Number: AP2150379
Manufacturer's Number: 5303931775 (5303307291) made by FRIGIDAIRE

I have 115 volts to the gas valve.I have replaced the ignitor--the old one had a broken wire--I tried to take it out for soldering and it literally broke apart in my hand---figures....I had a lot of problem with no/little heat that is what started this mess.

I took the advice of a service man and he said to replace the coils--that they are common.I ordered them get them WAY faster than expected(me and the wife thank you for that)...I put it all together and now I get a bright orange glow,an audible click and nothing for heat.I have had it work somewhat maybe twice since I first put it together tonight.Since then I have faintly smelled gas and the other times I get very little heat.I do not see a lot of blue from flame while looking down thru the front lint catch..and even less heat.Here is a sequence for you that I have noticed.
1)Turn dryer on while watching from the front I see bright orange from the ignitor.
2)While the ignitor is hot I hear a click the ignitor goes out and I get/see very little blue from flame no heat and no actual hearing the burner taking off.....(when it was working correctly it was loud like a salamander heater)

I pulled the coils I purchased from you guys and I tested for continuity---no matter if it's the coil with three terminals or the coil with two I get NO continuity from either coil on any combination of terminals i try----I do NOT have continuity from the old coils either---so is it the coils are no good or something else? I have 116 volts at the gas valve At the input of the coils.I checked the flame switch for continuity and I do there as