Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
edwide Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 10:26:01 AM(UTC)

1. Loosen the four baffle securing screws you see when the door is open, but remove only the top left screw. This will allow enough space between the cabinet and heating element baffle to later reach the switch.

2. In the back remove the five screws from the top steel rail. You should not have to remove all of the screws and the back panel. Lift up the top at the rear, and push forward about one inch. The top front edge will slip out of the two wide clips at the front edge of the cabinet. Being carefull not to pull out the wires to the thermostats, tilt the top back as far as needed to get to the switch.
jkbatt Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 5:49:51 AM(UTC)

I have an old Maytag dryer that needs the door switch replaced but I can't figure out how to remove the front panel. What I see are 4 screws behind the door (around the dryer opening) and 3 screws along the bottom of each side but removing these did not remove the panel. Diagrams show 2 screws under a lip in front but not there on my model.