Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Zach Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2024 11:00:03 AM(UTC)

I have this 8.8 error as well. Only I do not see any issues with the cap bulging or leaking. When plugging the dryer into the wall the 88 will essentially blink on an off as if the board is getting power then losing power as the color fades out instead of an actual blink. The resistors definitely look burnt and dryed out. Pressing any of the buttons on the board does not have any response. Looking at the back of the board it appears to have a "burnt spot" on the resistors as well as the mosfet attached to the heat sink to the "top left" of the c15 capacitor. I am curious if others have the blinking effect as well or if it was a hard 88 displayed so I can assess the situation further. I may end up just replacing the mosfet, resistors, and capacitor and see what happens. Let me know your thoughts.

-Zach
Guest Posted: Friday, January 12, 2024 11:49:54 AM(UTC)

Used the timed dry to 41 trick and it has worked so far!
Guest Mark Posted: Monday, March 27, 2023 2:28:14 PM(UTC)

Just replaced C15 and the dryer works like a champ. You all saved my life. Happy wife, happy life. :)
Guest Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2022 2:58:10 PM(UTC)

Heating the panel worked. Used a rice filled heating pad. Warmed it up for 4 minutes in the microwave. Put it on the panel for 10 minutes. Removed it and let the panel cool for 10 minutes. Unplugged the panel and dryer. Replugged them. All set. Thanks.
Guest Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2022 2:53:45 PM(UTC)

Heating the panel worked. Used a rice filled heating pad. Warmed it up for 4 minutes in the microwave. Put it on the panel for 10 minutes. Removed it and let the panel cool for 10 minutes. Unplugged the panel and dryer. Replugged them. All set. Thanks.
Guest Posted: Friday, December 23, 2022 1:01:49 PM(UTC)

With error 8.8, I rest pressing (Damp Dry) Button and (time -) Button at the same time and works again.
Thanks
Guest Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2022 9:12:12 PM(UTC)

My Neptune dryer stopped working as well with an 8.8 error code displaying right after I plug it in. You push start and it does nothing.

Then I just tried the above solution of pressing Time Dry, setting the time to 40 min, then setting it to 41 min and pressing start. Sounds illogical and insane but it worked! Thanks!
Guest Posted: Friday, July 15, 2022 11:09:58 AM(UTC)

Thanks! changing time to 41 worked brilliantly!
Gene Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2021 7:18:44 PM(UTC)

Thank you for sharing your repair experience with us.
Gene.
Guest Posted: Friday, July 9, 2021 1:32:45 PM(UTC)

Still a valid topic, 9 years on.

Same problem: 8.8. showing in the Maytag Neptune electric dryer display. The fix is replace the 3300uf 16v capacitor on the board. I've done board repairs on all kinds of industrial stuff, and had one on hand. Fifteen minutes from start to finish.

FWIW, the resistors R53-R56 are metal film 820 ohm, 5% (stripes: gray, red, brown, gold), probably 5 watt. Mounting them further from the board would have alleviated the burn on the upper right. It may not be an issue for the life of the rest of the dryer, but if I was engineering the board for long term use, mounting them on 1/4" (6mm) legs would be better.