Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kawfeeman Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 7:48:01 PM(UTC)

just curious, i always check to make sure i have proper voltage coming into the unit first .. i find that self-cleaning can cause problems with wires ...however, it is always a good practice to check incoming voltage..
Gene Posted: Monday, August 27, 2007 1:26:13 PM(UTC)

Hi alfrenzel

The power board looks very suspicious to me. If you have 120V across P1-1 and P1-4 terminals (incoming power) and you did not measured a 120V at the P7 plug (across P7-2 terminal and any other terminals), no doubt the problem is the power board (most likely the low voltage transformer).

The part number for the new power board is AP3135669

Good luck.
Gene.
alfrenzel Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 4:11:26 PM(UTC)

I'm not sure I checked the correct places, but I have power (115V) at the Blk and W wires at P1 and I have power (115V) at the red and black wires at P8.
Admin / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 3:07:01 PM(UTC)

This is what it looks like brand new

If you can, see if you get 110 volts to the power board, then see if you get 110 volts to the microcomputer. If you don't feel comfortable working under live voltage, please do not try.

- Wiring diagram for your model
alfrenzel Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 2:59:49 PM(UTC)

Yes, I checked the fuse (connected to the brown wire) for continuity with one side disconnected and I also jumped it, but no success.

I did notice that the transformer on the power board "may" have overheated. It has a dried dark yellow substance on parts of the exterior, primarily the top and back. Not sure if this is the way it looked when new?

Thanks again for your help, AL
Admin / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 7:05:30 PM(UTC)

By the way, that fuse is connected to a brown wire between the power board and microcomputer.
Admin / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 7:03:45 PM(UTC)

When you were checking the fuse inside the control panel, did you remove at least one of the wires from it? If not, remove one wire and try again.
alfrenzel Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 6:42:50 PM(UTC)

Both fuses checked out okay. AL
Admin / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:06:22 PM(UTC)

When you say thermal fuse, are you referring to #26 on the diagram below labeled CHASSIS PARTS? There is another fuse inside the control panel. See # 19 on the diagram labeled CONTROL PANEL PARTS below. Let me know...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
alfrenzel Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 4:55:08 PM(UTC)

I have a whirlpool stove (GR465LXK) that during the self-cleaning mode lost all power to the control module (stove top works but not the oven electronics – I now find out this is a common problem and the self-cleaning mode should not be used).

According to research I've made so far, the thermal fuse is supposedly the culprit. However, I don't think the problem is the thermal fuse since it has both continuity (ohm meter test) and even when bypassed (jumped) nothing happens. What else could the intense heat of the self-cleaning mode have destroyed? Thank you, AL