Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 7:09:04 PM(UTC)

Hi mrcmorrison and amcconnell

Inside the control panel you can find the technical documentation with the instructions how to run all possible tests. The Calypso washer is pretty sophisticated and it's almost impossible for us to help you without seeing the unit.

Also if your washers are less then five years old, the electronic controls are still under limited manufacturer warranty and some time Whirlpool can send parts to you and you can replace them yourself.

Good luck.
Gene.
amcconnell Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:13:15 PM(UTC)

Though I don't have an answer for you (sorry) I did just find online at Whirlpools website that they had a class action suit against them regarding the Calypso units. Though the case is already closed (I missed out myself), it appears this might be a normal problem for this machine. Sounds like the same problem I am having. I had a friend tell me her repairman said it was the mother board, or motor control panel as it is better known, that needs to be replaced. They run about $150. I haven't tried it yet, was hoping to get more input before making such a large purchase.
mrcmorrison Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:45:24 PM(UTC)

My Calypso top loader will start by filling water into the soap dispenser and then nothing. Does not move on to the wash cycle....makes a humming noise and that is it. It will not drain out the water mixed with the soap. I have checked the lid switch (as told by another owner) and replaced it but no difference. Please help!! I have a family of 5 and the laundry is piling up!! Do I need to replace the electronic machine control (part 661639)??