Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
mpoulin Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 4:18:31 AM(UTC)

I have the same problem with my Maytag refrigerator. It leaks water onto the floor and theres a buildup of ice on the bottom of the freezer. My model number is MFF2558VEB7. I purchased in 2012. The top part of refrigerator is a a side by side and the bottom section is the freezer. As mentioned above, to locate the drain hole under the evaporator coil, there's a diagram. Could you please send a diagram to match my model number so I can try to flush hot water through. Thank you.
Navy Technician Posted: Sunday, August 1, 2010 10:40:21 PM(UTC)

Your fridge is leaking drain water from the freezer down onto the floor.
First, do as previously mentioned and take out the back plate of the freezer. There should be 4 screws and as you gently remove the back cover plate, it will likely hinge in twards you. Dissconnect the electrical line for the control with a little tab you press as you unplug it. Take it all the way out of the freezer and now you should be able to get into the back and see how the freezer is designed to slope back to the rear and any water drains down into the "roof" of the fridge. Once you have that all cleaned up and clear ...

Second, you will have to remove the center console in the roof of the fridge. Before you do, get your face all the way in, all the way to the back in the top center of the roof. You should be able to curl your fingers into a small overflow tub. It is probablly somewhat full of water. You may want to sponge that up before you remove it fully. Mine had 2 screws to secure the top center section. After removing those, slowly and gently hinge the front of that console down so you can remove another electrical plug. Once that is out of the way you can completely remove that center section. It is only held in place by 3 posts in the back wall of the fridge. 2 were just there to hold it there, and 1 is a drain. Be careful not to break the posts, ease twards the front of the fridge. You may have to pry the roof styrofoam free a little, it could be frosted in place. Once you have the center console out of the fridge you will see the tub that holds drain water from the freezer. It has a small outlet port that is likely clogged with something sticky or something.

After all that is cleaned up and unclogged, you may want to use a turkey baster with hot water and good dishwasher soap and squirt a few blasts into the drain hole in the back of the fridge. Make sure it comes dripping out into the drain pan under the fridge.

Now you are ready to put it all back the way it came out. Don't forget to plug in all the electrical connectors when you do.

It won't let me edit this post but
Unplug fridge before starting this procedure!!!
jillburbank Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:48:06 AM(UTC)

Hi! Can anyone tell me if you have fixed the problem with your maytag fridge? I have the same exact problem.
daisygirl98 Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 3:18:35 PM(UTC)

We have this exact same refrigerator with this exact same problem. Were you able to fix it?
Gene Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:17:00 PM(UTC)

SZoerb,

Try to trace the drain system from the one end to the other. Looks like this is not a standard situation and I can not tell you more without seeing the fridge.

Gene.
SZoerb Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:08:05 PM(UTC)

Gene,

I followed your advice and took the back panel out of the freezer. I thawed the drain with a hair dryer and ran the hot water through, which came right out into the pan under the fridge. I thought all was well for about 36 hours, when I had the twin puddles on the floor in the front corners of the fridge again! The source of it is definitely a drip in the top back middle of the fridge, it runs down the back wall, pools in the back on the bottom and overflows behind and under the crisper drawers then leaks out the door and onto the floor. It wouldn't bother me that much, except we just installed a new laminate floor and water constantly leaking onto it will ruin it fast. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Gene Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:13:48 PM(UTC)

Ben,

I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
stuffmanca Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:46:45 PM(UTC)

Thank you Gene, you also have a GREAT Website!

I posted on it!

I'll gingerly take the hood apart...

Thanks,

Ben Lee
Gene Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 1:41:17 PM(UTC)

stuffmanca,

Here are the break down diagrams for the GE refrigerator Model TCS18PADBLBS

Gene.
stuffmanca Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:55:14 AM(UTC)

Can you help on how the drain hood can be removed?
Would anyone have a similar diagram like the Maytag Unit.

Thanks,