Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Monday, April 21, 2008 2:32:26 AM(UTC)

Remove the timer cover and get some non-residue cleaning spray at Lowes. Spray the timer contacts while turning the timer. This may fix it. Rather rare these timer motors go bad, but you can check it for continuity, if open replace the timer.
darnwasher Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 3:43:48 PM(UTC)

I have a Whirlpool Ultimate Care, not Ultimate Care II, just Ultimate Care. I don't know how old it is. I got it refurbished. Anyway, when I turn it on it will fill up with water and agitate, but it won't stop agitating and the timer dial never moves on its own anymore. I have to move it to the rinse cycle and sometimes it will fill up and other times I have to move the dial to other rinse cycles or jiggle it around until it fills up. After it fills it stops again and won't do anything until I move it to spin. When I finally get spin to work it won't stop unless I manually stop it. I'm tired of babysitting my washing machine! I've checked the lid switch and the ohm are at 0 so it's not that. I'm thinking most likely the timer but I want a second opinion before I order that. Thank you! :D