Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
libertyappl Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 2:59:30 PM(UTC)

If The Belt Isn't Tight The Idler Pulley Arm May Be In The Wrong Slot.
Nat
alexis123 Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 2:51:52 PM(UTC)

head1218;20263]UserPostedImage

I did this alreeady do I need to tension the belt
gearhead1218 Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:47:57 PM(UTC)

UserPostedImage
blofgren Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:19:30 PM(UTC)

The idler pulley is supported on both sides, so it is a closed loop. The new belt is a closed loop, too. (As surmised, the old belt was completely broken.) How do I thread the belt through the idler? It seems like those rings that magicians use.
gearhead1218 Posted: Monday, April 21, 2008 11:48:16 AM(UTC)

Glad I could help.
As an aside, I'm just a member here, not one of the people running the site.
blofgren Posted: Monday, April 21, 2008 5:59:24 AM(UTC)

Thanks, Gearhead. This site rocks, and I've ordered the belt from you. Mainly, it was smarter than the Whirlpool site at picking up that the last character in my model number is the number zero, rather than the letter O. I don't have immediate access to the dryer itself, but I hope that I will be able to open it up and replace the belt according to your instructions.

Brent
gearhead1218 Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 5:15:17 PM(UTC)

You need a belt.
If you click on your model# on your initial post you'll see a breakdown of your dryer.
You do need to remove the front.
You pull the lint filter, remove the two screws on the filter compartment, Then you can slide the top forward about a 1/4 inch to be able to lift the top. Undo the door switch, remove two 5/16 screws and you can remove the front to change the belt.
blofgren Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 1:42:04 PM(UTC)

My dryer is pumping air and heat into the clothes, but the cylinder is not rotating. I first opened the panel on the back, which gives access to the air in and out. Apparently I must open the front, but I'm not finding how. I'm also putting in a request directly to Whirlpool for the manual, but they are closed today. I guess I might need to replace a belt or maybe a motor.

Brent