Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Admin / APP Team Posted: Friday, August 17, 2007 7:25:45 AM(UTC)

I would check the trunnion nut first. This manual might help.

- Trunnion nut for Broan 1050
- Gearbox
MValley Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 7:36:10 PM(UTC)

Have a used Garage Sale Broan Trash Compactor. It seemed to work OK when I got it and then I tried to 'Compact' something I SHOULD NOT HAVE! :( Please don't ask me what it was but needless to say it was not soft pliable everday trash. The compactor now no longer 'compacts'. The electric motor still works and something inside is still spinning. the chain drive to the sprocket does not turn by itself except very slowly. I see something like a bearing through a hole spinning. I can put a socket on the sprocket nut and turn the compactor up and down and it seems to work OK but something has probably been busted by yours truly. I could probably tear everything apart if I wanted to but I'm not super mechanically inclined in these areas. I'm looking for a quick and cheap fix or this baby is going to the end of the driveway with a 'FREE' sign on it. Would love to keep it if I could though. :)